A deep kitchen sink is a great choice for your new kitchen – not just because it looks good, but because it has a lot of benefits that you might not have realized until you started using one.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the reasons why deep kitchen sinks are the best choice and give you some tips on how to choose the right one for your needs.
Why You Should Consider a Deep Kitchen Sink
1. They Hold More Water Than Shallow Sinks: A deep sink will hold more water than a shallow one, which means it can handle larger pots and pans with ease. This is especially helpful if you have a lot of cooking activities that involve using lots of water, like making soup or pasta sauce.
2. They’re Easier to Clean: Deep sink cabinets are typically easier to clean than shallow ones because they have more surface area to catch dirt and debris. Plus, since they’re deeper, cleaning products won’t have as much trouble reaching the bottom of the sink.
3. They’re More Functional: A deep sink is great for large pots and pans because it allows them to sit comfortably in the basin without being overcrowded.
4. They’re More Beautiful: A deep sink can add a lot of visual appeal to your kitchen, especially if it’s fitted with a beautiful granite or marble countertop.
So, if you’re looking for the best possible kitchen sink option for your needs, a deep kitchen sink should be at the top of your list.
How to Install a Deep Kitchen Sink
1. Start by measuring the height and width of your countertop where you want your new sink to go. This will help determine the correct size of sink you need.
2. Next, measure the distance between the base of your old basin and the countertop where you want your new basin to sit. This number is called “drop-in depth” and is what will determine the size of your new basin.
3. Look for a basin that matches this drop-in depth and has dimensions that are two inches greater all around than your old basin’s width and height. This will give you enough room to fit your new sink without having to remove your old one.
4. Once you have your basin, attach it to the countertop using a basin ring and screws. Be sure to use the correct size screws and tighten them evenly throughout the circumference of the ring.
5. Finally, lay your new sink down over the top of the basin and secure it in place with screws. Be sure to tighten these screws evenly to ensure a tight fit.
Congratulations on your new kitchen sink! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to call a professional.
A deep kitchen sink is one of the most important additions to any new kitchen. Not only does it make cleaning up after your meal a breeze, but it also gives you more space in which to work. Plus, a deep sink looks great and can be used for all sorts of handy tasks around the house. So why not take the plunge and add one to your home?